Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saint Patrick's Day Cocktails

Alright, people - the time has come. One of my favorite holidays is almost upon us. That’s right – Saint Patty’s Day! Yay! I honestly don’t even know why I like the holiday so much. I’m only half Irish, and I’m vegan (so no corned beef for this gal). I’m not even a fan of Guinness. Maybe it’s the memories of daytime drinking in my college days that gets me sentimental. Maybe it’s the tattoo I have as a reminder. I’m not sure; but I love me a good Saint Patty’s Day pub crawl. And in that spirit, I’m going to share a few of my favorite Saint Patrick’s themed drinks with you:

Irish Coffee – You can bet this will be how I’ll be starting my Saint Patrick’s Day celebration (that is, if I can find a suitable vegan alternative). Coffee, Irish cream, whiskey and a pinch of nutmeg. Yummers!

Emerald Isle Martini – Just add some blue curacao and melon liqueur to your vodka martini, and you’ve Saint Patrick-ized it! Now, you just have to imagine you’re sitting on the Emerald Isle as you sip on this tasty and festive concoction.

Irish Cactus – I love the idea of this cocktail, but sadly I cannot partake. That just means you’ll have to have one in my honor. Combine two ounces of Irish cream and tequila to make yourself an Irish cactus; just don’t forget to make two!

Green Dublin Martini – Consider this the Irish version of an apple martini. Actually, it’s pretty darn close. To make this drink, you’ll need Irish whiskey (of course), sour apple schnapps and some white cranberry juice (white grape juice will do just fine, if you can’t find white cranberry).

You may have noticed that there’s no mocktail advice this week. Here's my take on that: On Saint Patrick’s Day, you’re either drinking or you’re not. Mocktails need not apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment