Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Cocktails

I have to say, I’m a big fan of holidays, but Easter isn’t really at the top of that list. I’m not really sure why. I’m not religious, but that hasn’t stopped me from liking every other holiday. I think it’s because Easter comes at a time when it’s just starting to get nice out, and I have about a million other things I’d rather be doing than sitting inside and overeating. Maybe I can convince the fam to do an Easter barbeque this year, since it’ll be so nice out.

Either way, my contribution to the feast will be the cocktails. Even if I’m stuck inside, at least the cocktails will help jazz things up a bit, right? As long as I don't jazz things up enough to involve a police officer or two, I'm in the clear.

So, here are some ideas I had for Sunday. Which do you think I should make?

Chambord Spritzer:
1 oz. Chambord
1 1/2 oz. white wine

Juice from half a lime

Splash of club soda
Blue or pink marshmallow Peep (for garnish)

Pour the Chambord in a tall glass, then add white wine. Top with lime juice, then add ice and a splash of club soda. Garnish with a peep (this is a yellow drink, so the blue and pink Peeps are a great contrast.

Mimosa (a classic for Easter brunch):

4 oz. champagne
2 oz. orange juice
½ oz. Cointreau

Pour orange juice and Cointreau into chilled glass.
Top with champagne.

Blue cottontail

1 1/2 oz. vodka

1/2 oz. triple sec

1/4 oz. blue Curaçao


Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake. Strain into a martini glass and serve.

I love the name of the blue cottontail, but the Chambord spritzer seems like it’ll be the most visually appealing. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment