Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mad Men Premier Party Cocktails

I thought this week was going to be a quiet one on the cocktail front. We’ve already celebrated spring, Saint Patty and all of his cocktail-loving buddies are behind us, and there’s not another major holiday until Easter. But, I was wrong. I guess it’s true what they say: Life is a party, so while we’re here we should dance – and drink cocktails! Okay, I added that last part, but you catch my drift.

You’re probably wondering the cause for celebration, right? Well, I just got myself invited to a really cool Mad Men premier party. Oh, yeah! I’ve never watched the show, but it really looks like something I would like (hence my excitement). Now I have a reason to rent the DVD box set and catch up on old episodes. I wouldn’t want to go to the party looking like a noob, now would I?

My dilemma is this: The premier is in just five days and I have a lot of catching up to do (that’s 52 episodes in less than a week – quite a marathon!) Good thing my classes are at Everest online instead of in person, so I have a little more flexibility. Still, I’m not sure I’ll get through it all before the party. But maybe if I bring some really cool 50s cocktails, no one will notice. Here are the ones I’m considering:

Cuba Libre – Also known as a rum and Coke.

Brandy Alexander – Brandy crème de cacao and nutmeg… yummy!

Gibson Martini – This is essentially a regular martini with cocktail onions instead of olives. I’m not a fan of straight up martinis, but this occasion really seems to call for them.

Old Fashioned – But of course, I’ll prepare this classic cocktail. I just hope the host has the highball glasses.

Okay, that’s probably enough for a Sunday night, don’t you think? Now I’m beginning to realize how a non-Mad-Men watching gal got herself invited in the first place. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment